Will Rogers Today

Weekly Comments Will Rogers Quotations Articles About Randall Reeder
Photo Gallery Meeting Planner Clients-Testimonials Videos
Return to Home Page Tell a Friend about Will Rogers Today Subscribe to Weekly Comments Contact Randall Reeder



Weekly Comments Archive
Return to the Weekly Comments Archive


Archived Issues

Sorted by Date of Publication
Click on a Publication Date to view Comments


Sunday, December 02, 2018 ISSUE #954
 

Remembering President Bush, Soybeans, Immigration and The Wall 

          The Lame Duck Congress is up against a wall. They have to pass a budget that President Trump will sign. And Trump says he won’t sign any budget unless it includes several Billion for The Wall.

Meanwhile Senator Chuck Schumer, the Minority Leader, said if there is a government shutdown it will be the Republicans fault because they control the House, the Senate and the Presidency. An optimist would conclude he will encourage other Democrat Senators to go along with whatever the 52 Republican Senators decide. But he’s shrewd; he knows it takes 60 votes in the Senate to pass a bill.

I hate to say it, but a lot of Democrats prefer to have the humanity issues with Hondurans storming the fence, Border Patrol officers responding with tear gas, teen age boys confined in tents, and women and children having to live in the mud in Tijuana. Democrats say all these immigrants must be given asylum hearings, although they know that only about 3 percent are accepted for asylum. (Most of the other 97 percent stay here illegally.)

Our farmers are breathing a bit easier. Apparently China has agreed with President Trump on a deal that will delay some tariffs and China will buy soybeans and other farm products. We have huge piles of soybeans and corn from record yields, with much of it stored outside.  

          President George H. W. Bush died Friday at age 94. Barbara Bush died a few months ago, and most folks feel he was ready to join her in Heaven. He was President from 1989 to 1993, and would have likely been re-elected for a second term if Ross Perot had not run as a third party candidate.

Historic quotes by Will Rogers:

“Live your life so that whenever you lose it, you're ahead.” WA #445, July 5, 1931

“No man is great if he thinks he is. It's great to be great, but it’s greater to be human.” DT #1122, Feb. 28, 1930

“Now these fellows in Washington wouldn't be so serious and particular if they only had to vote on what they thought was good for the majority of the people in the U.S.” WA #64, March 2, 1924


Return to the Weekly Comments Current Issue

 

For details on how you can ‘rope’ Will Rogers for your next meeting or convention,
contact Randall Reeder at:

4779 Baldwin Road
Hilliard, Ohio 43026
(Columbus Area)
-or- Send e-Mail at:
willrogers@aol.com




Visit the Will Rogers Museum Web Site at www.willrogers.com

Home - Weekly Comments - Quotes - Articles About Randall -
Photo Gallery - Meeting Planner - Clients-Testimonials - Subscribe - Contact

Copyright © 1999-2019, Randall Reeder. All Rights Reserved.
Created by Marc Flinn. Site Maintenance by MarkLeder.com